Burrrr, it’s cold…. weather like this calls for something spicy and I have just the perfect recipe. This came out of my obsession with Louisiana Gumbo and Nigerian Peppersoup. I combined elements of the two recipes to come up with this wonderful balance.
- 2 cups of diced fresh okra
- 2 cups of fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup of slice sweet bell peppers
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 1/4 cup of green onions
- 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery sticks
- 1 bay leaf
- Seasonings: 2 tablespoons of Emeril’s cajun seasoning, 1 teaspoon of chicken bouillon, 1 teaspoon of Nigerian peppersoup spice (found in your local African store), and pepperflakes
- Add 4 cups of boiling water to pot. Add onions and garlic and steam on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, okra, celery, and sweet bell peppers. Boil on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add all seasonings and fresh shrimp. Boil for 10 minutes.
It is super easy, healthy, and SPICY!
Let me know if you have questions.